Friday 16 July 2010

A look back, an update and a proper begining?










Well, i haven't really used Blogger properly, or even thought about it in a long while, but may now look at blogging again, like i did on the old Yahoo 360.

I have had a really rough n tough few years, but after finally settling my employment with my old employers, i paid for some private therapy, which has helped me onto the first step to recovery.

There have been some notable highlights to the last few years though, not least of which was forming a strong bond with the Blades aerobatics team, who are without doubt the finest bunch of civilian aviators in the world!

All former RAF fast jet veterans, and former Red Arrows, who with their thousands of hours of display experience, are now the worlds only close formation aerobatic airline!

(They fly passengers through jaw dropping aerobatic flights, in close formation with family,friends, or colleagues.)


I don't have the time right now for an in depth blog, so will just try(?) to post a few photo highlights of the last few years, and will look to trying my hand at blogging once more, on my road to recovery.

Thank you, to anyone interested enough to have read this far! lol
Paul.


Pictures, top to bottom:

1) My beautiful 15yr old daughter, Victoria, who now has 17hours flying tuition on the AT-3 trainer, and is well on the road to her dream of becoming a fast jet pilot with the RAF.

2 / 3 / 4 ) We moved to a beautiful new home, that borders the countryside.
(views from, and of)


5) One of my personal faves from my portfolio, taken during a fantastic week down at the Eastbourne airshow in 2009.

6 / 7 / 8 ) Some shots taken during an air to air with the Blades at IWM Duxford, an experience to cherish.

9) Victoria flying with the Blades

10) Quite probably my best shot to date, the Blades flying in close formation with a Spitfire.

Other highlight pics that i could have chosen, were meeting comedian Eddie Izzard at Duxford after photographing his father flying in the Spitfire in close formation with the Blades, or meeting Iron Maiden frontman, Bruce Dickinson when he flew in close formation with the Vulcan bomber with the Blades, or when i got to shoot the Blades aircraft under the Vulcan at a Waddington press call. All i have to do now, is secure a future career that continues these experiences,and fulfills my dreams, once i am well enough to do so.


4 comments:

  1. **Ok, need to learn how to format these blogs properly! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog looks good to me,I have no idea how the blogs here work,I did post something so that is a start.Look forward to future blogs from you,Paul I missed them.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shots are awesome!! Extremely awesome! So cool to be blogging again! Makes me actually want to write knowing that you are here!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, think i might be getting the blogging bug again.
    Btw, random bit of info... if you have ever seen the movie 'Memphis Belle', well the middle pic of the Blade flying towards the ground upside down, was shot over the base where it was filmed, and where the Memphis Belle was stationed during the war.
    Even though i took the pic a year ago, i only just found out thats where we were flying over lol.

    ReplyDelete